Covid 19 Response
Welcome to 2Me Clinic
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have taken appropriate measures to prioritise your safety and the safety of our staff. We would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation and for remaining sensitive to the needs of others who may require additional support.
Please note the following:
When you arrive at the clinic, we ask that you wear a face mask. You need to wear the face mask throughout the consultation unless a doctor has asked you to remove it.
Please attend alone unless you need essential support provided by a carer, interpreter, translator, or guardian
On arrival, our doors will be closed. This is to monitor the number of patients in the clinic. Please press the call buzzer for the 2Me Clinic doctor. You will be invited in by a member of the reception team or by a doctor.
You will also be given alcohol gel to sanitise your hands. As this process can take a few a minute or so, we ask that you arrive about 5 minutes before your appointment.
Our staff will be wearing personal protective equipment which will include a face mask, gloves and apron. Some may be wearing an additional visor.
Please note that there will be no exchange of cash for payment after face-to-face consultations. We request that payment is made via card or bank transfer
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 after visiting 2Me Clinic, please let us know immediately so that we can inform staff and clients. Likewise, if staff or clients report such symptoms after your appointment, the clinic will inform you as soon as it becomes aware of such information.
COVID-19 CHECK LIST:
If any of the following circumstances apply, please contact us and DO NOT attend the clinic
- You are waiting for a COVID-19 test or test result
- You or anyone in your household, or anyone in your support bubble, have, or have had possible COVID-19, and are still in the self/household isolation period
- You or anyone in your household, or anyone in your support bubble, have tested positive for COVID-19, and are still in the self/household isolation period
- You or anyone in your household, or anyone in your support bubble have any symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- A high temperature: 37.8 or over
- A new continuous cough – which means coughing a lot more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours, or coughing more than usual
- A loss or change in normal sense of smell or taste
- Vomiting and/or diarrhoea
- Flu-like symptoms
- You entered or returned to the UK in the last 14 days, and are required to self-isolate
- You have been notified by NHS Test and Trace that you’ve been in contact with a person with COVID-19, and are still in the isolation period
On behalf of the team here at 2Me Clinic, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your co-operation and reassure you that are procedures are continuously being updated in line with Government and NHS recommendations
The 2Me Clinic Team