About our Antenatal and Postnatal Care
YOU MATTER TOO!
At 2Me Clinic, we offer Antenatal consultations if you require additional support during your pregnancy journey. We have also designed a Postnatal Health assessment. As part of our holistic approach to your health, we’ll also offer you the opportunity to speak to our specialists in Nutrition, Mental Health and Acupuncture. We will work in partnership with your other care providers such as obstetricians, midwives, and health visitors.
At 2me clinic, we offer a Postnatal Health Assessment at around 12 weeks after the delivery; you can also book an Antenatal appointment to give you space, before the delivery of your baby, to discuss all your concerns to ease the transition to first or new parenthood.
Almost all the appointments offered to women around their pregnancy are focused on the future baby and baby health; and if those appointments are a bit rushed, as they often are, there is no time for you to talk about you, your future health, mental health and wellbeing before, during and after the birth of your baby. We can design a personalised recovery plan with you.
If you have a partner and you wish to bring him/her/ their with you, we are happy to welcome anyone you need support from. Write down what you want to say in advance and take your notes with you.
What To Expect
- Our Antenatal Consultation 45min consultation with a 2Me Clinic doctor: Assessment of maternal general health and well-being: Medical history, Examination: Body Mass Index, Blood Pressure, Heart and Lung examination, Urine check. We are happy discuss your postnatal / recovery plan with you, to ease the transition to first or new parenthood, in view to be better prepared.
- Assessment of Foetal well-being: Abdominal examination and measurement, Foetal Heart check, Follow-up (as required).
- Referral to a Specialist or referral for investigations: Sometimes further investigations may be indicated. We may request blood tests or swabs, which can be performed on-site (at additional cost). We may need to refer you to a specialist.
- Remember: It’s important to bring your antenatal notes with you to any antenatal appointment as these records communicate your ongoing care with other caregivers.
- Our Postnatal Assessment You are likely to have had a postnatal check with your regular doctor and/or private Obstetrician at 6-8 weeks after delivery, however, at 2Me Clinic we feel that postnatal time is also a good opportunity to reflect on your health, mental health, contraception, and lifestyle priorities. That’s why we’ve designed a health check at the 12-week postnatal period to give you time and space to answer your questions, and to address your needs.
- 45-minute consultation with a 2Me Clinic doctor
- Open questionnaire: Covering your pregnancy history, delivery, bladder and bowel function, any incontinence symptoms, breastfeeding issues, mood and symptoms of postnatal depression, sleep deprivation, work and childcare plans, relationship with partner, libido and sexual activity
- Examination: Blood pressure, Weight, Body Mass Index, Breast, Abdominal and Perineal examination
- Contraception discussion: Current and future options; Free prescription (if needed) Follow up appointment for a coil or implant fitting if needed (cost of coil or implant is NOT included)
- Investigations: On-site Blood Test: Full Blood Count, Ferritin (Iron stores), Vitamin D, TSH (Thyroid function). Smear test if due/requested. Swabs or urine test if needed. Referrals: Referral to pelvic floor assessment/ physio rehabilitation if required. Any other needed referrals.
Optimise your nutrition for a healthy pregnancy and post-partum
Pregnancy Nutritional Package: 9 months
THIS IS NOT A DIET THIS IS A MOTHER-BABY HEALTHY START
Deficiencies in certain nutrients and micronutrients are too frequently observed in women of childbearing age and can become more pronounced during pregnancy and postpartum. Therefore, it is so important to have nutritional and micro nutritional support.
- Detection of micronutrient deficiencies (vitamins, minerals, trace elements, fatty acids, fibre)
- Functional lab testing if appropriate
- Recommendation on supplements if appropriate
- Optimisation of essential micronutrients for mother and baby
- Healthy and balanced meal plan and food diary analysis
- Gestational diabetes prevention
- Toxins to avoid
- Endocrine disruptors to avoid
- Nutritional support and coaching to make the most of your pregnancy and postpartum
Read more about Antenatal and Postnatal care
We interviewed 115 women and compiled a list of common themes around what women wish they had known before, during, and after their pregnancy journey. You can read our write-up on their comments in our ‘Resources’ pageRead now
What our clients say
Hey, don’t just take our word for it. Read what our clients say about 2 Me Clinic.
Join our community
Get the latest news and recourses for women’s healthcare.Subscribe to the Newsletter