About our menopause service
Every woman is going to experience the menopause differently. For some, the symptoms will be mild and short-lived. For others, it can be really troublesome with symptoms that impact day-to-day life and/or last several months to years.
At 2Me Clinic, we have designed a specific consultation that will allow you time to discuss your symptoms and concerns and to produce a personalised management plan.
When you book an appointment for a menopause consultation with a 2Me Clinic doctor, you’ll be asked to fill in a questionnaire prior to the consultation. This will help the GP gather more detailed information about your symptoms which will help make the most of the consultation time.
As part of our holistic approach to your health, we’ll also offer you the opportunity to speak with our specialists in nutrition, mental health and acupuncture
Our menopause service includes
- 45 min consultation with a 2Me Clinic doctor Review of your symptoms; Current and past general medical history; Lifestyle review including smoking, alcohol, and exercise; Examination: blood pressure check, body mass index, breast and abdominal examination, pelvic examination (if indicated).
- Management plan Symptom management: HRT: Discussion of Risks/Benefits and alternatives to HRT; Discussion of Contraception and Sexual Health needs; Health promotion including participation in National Screening Programs; Follow-up: Review of symptoms and progress at 2-3 months.
- Referral: Specialist/Investigations Sometimes further investigations may be indicated. Your doctor may request blood tests, swabs, a cervical smear, a pelvic ultrasound scan or a mammogram. These help build a better picture of your health. We may need to refer you to a specialist if necessary.
- Prescription Medication if needed Your first prescription is included in the cost of the initial consultation. It may be necessary to review results of investigations before prescribing hormone treatment.
- Menopause VIDEO consultation It may be more convenient to have a video consultation if you simply wish to discuss your menopause treatment or receive advice about the menopause.
Optimise your nutrition for a healthy menopause
Healthy Menopause Nutritional Package: 6 months
WANT TO HAVE A HEALTHY AND SERENE MENOPAUSE?
Nutrition has a huge impact on the way you will live this stage of your life. So, do not wait to adopt the right dietary habits to avoid or minimise the effects of Menopause.
- Diagnosis of micronutrient deficiencies (vitamins, minerals, trace elements, fatty acids, fibre)
- Functional lab testing if appropriate
- Prescriptions of micro nutritional supplements if appropriate
- Balanced diet to counteract the slowing down of the metabolism
- Gut health and microbiome optimisation
- One FREE Body Fat Analysis
Read more about the menopause
For additional information, we’ve put together a helpful article in our blog section covering ’10 FAQs on the menopause and peri-menopause ‘Read the menopause guide
What our clients say
Hey, don’t just take our word for it. Read what our clients say about 2 Me Clinic.
Join our community
Get the latest news and recourses for women’s healthcare.Subscribe to the Newsletter